Sunday, February 22, 2009

BLUE MONDAY!


Welcome 
to 
Blue Monday!
Please  visit
Sally
@
to see  all of the other
Blue Monday fun!

While at work the other day,
I looked down at my feet
 and went OMGosh
my white shoes are pathetic!

So this weekend Jacob  and I 
went to the mall 
and  here are the shoes 
I  bought!

Not only are they  white,
but they are fun,
comfy, and they will
match all the colors of
my scrubs.
I'm excited.

Of course, 
we can't go shopping 
without stopping for lunch.....

http://forsythe4kc.com/

filled the bill.
It must have been our lucky day!
They were having a special.



I, for one am going to miss
Circuit City. 
How about you?

I always received very friendly 
customer service.  I felt  the sales staff
was knowledgeable,  I always
got a deal.  Sometimes too good
to be true.  
That is probably why they 
have gone down in flames.

But we popped in to their 
Going Out of Business Sale
and I got  a new camera.

http://www.thecameracentre.net/scs/catalog/specials.php


I've had my eye on this baby
for a long long time.
I have a Minolta Maxxum 7 camera,
an autofocus  SLR with interchangeable lenses.
Well, the lenses from that camera
are compatible with this camera body.

I can't believe the deal I got on it.
I was quoted  $525.00 
for the camera body and a lens.
Which was $225.00 off!  
I said "SOLD"!

I tossed in a new camera bag,
and a Compact Flash card .

Well, you know that Jacob couldn't
leave the store without something....
So he threw in some gear 
for his xBox and  a new 
guitar for his Rockband.

Then we waited in the very long  line
for the only cashier.

When we finally checked out
I paid $500.00!!!
Who am I to complain????
I said "Are you sure?"
He said he was!
With a very big smile!
We left the store and
 I rechecked my receipt.

I paid $6.00 for my camera bag,
$10.00 for the CF card,
$59.00 for the xBox junk, 
and only $425.00 for the camera!
Unbelievable!

I am going to miss Circuit City.

Robyn







30 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Sounds like you got some great deals! WOW! And I like your snazzy new shoes! :-)

Happy Blue Monday...

XO,

Sheila

xinex said...

Hi Robyn! Your shoes are so cute and love the camera! I love Sony!...Christine

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

those are cute shoes. You're right, they do look "fun".
I'll miss circuit city too. WE got our big screen there (way back when they put Good Guys out of business).
What a great deal you got on all your stuff. Enjoy it all!

playsdolls said...

What a great deal you got on the camera and the other items that go with it.I wish I could find a deal like that.

Happy Blue Monday!

Anonymous said...

Your camera sounds awesome. Can't wait to see some photos from it.I haven't gone to there yet, can't think of anything I need. But I love bargins so much, I'll bet if I went there I'd find things I couldn't live without.:)

Hugs,
Chris

Stacey said...

That sounds like a fun day. Shopping and pizza with Jacob. :)

SmilingSally said...

What a fun shopping day! You got a good deal with that camera. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

Knitty said...

Great deals and love your shoes. Circuit City near me left a lot to be desired, but still I hate to see another business go under.

Anonymous said...

Look at you! All spiffed up and packing a new camera! Woo Hooness!
BE a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Judi said...

Hi Robyn
Well aren't you the happy shopper!! That was a a great day. I love the shoes...and the camera deal and all the extras were such a bargain.
Wasn't that fun? Enjoy and we'll be enjoying lots of pics too. :o)
have a happy Blue MOnday
Judi

The Raggedy Girl said...

Robyn:
You got some really great bargains. I am going to miss a lot of stores that have closed in our area but especially we lost our Chilis.

Have a Wonderful Day!
from Roberta Anne

Anonymous said...

Sounds like some great deals. The shoes look great and the camera will be a treat I'm sure. Happy Blue Monday to you...

nikkicrumpet said...

It's too bad they're gone...but you sure got some great deals! I guess we're gonna have to start shopping at Best Buy from here on out...farther away and not as nice a store. I'm sure this won't be the last of stores I love that will go out of business. :(

Maisy said...

hey robyn~
love the new camera. i just got one in the middle of january. it is a cannon...i LOVE it. now if i could just figure out what it can do.

i just wanted to stop by and say thanks for telling me what you want to be when you grow up. your response is sooooo very sweet.

Anonymous said...

Very cute and comfy looking shoes. We'll be looking forward to your new camera photos.

Kathy b

April said...

Love your cute shoes AND your great deals! Happy Blue Monday!

Unknown said...

I, too, will miss CC. One of the reasons I loved shopping there is that the salespeople were not on commission. I had a guy talk me DOWN from a huge TV to one more appropriate for my home that was half the price!
Plus I have had nothing but bad experiences with Best Buy, so I don't know what I'm going to do!

Amy Ellen said...

The shoes are cute and wow you got some great deals. I can tell your thrilled!!! ; )

Hugs
Amy

JudyBug said...

Great deals! I'm so envious. I am just dying for a new camera!

JudyBug

Salmagundi said...

Cute shoes!! Sounds like you will miss Circuit City. We've never shopped there very much - it was too far away. Guess we missed a bunch of deals over the years. Have a good week. Sally

Susie Q said...

You will love your new camera and what deals you got!!
We have not gone and guess we should huh? : )

Have fun with the new toy! : )

Love,
Sue

Sweetie said...

You got some great deals. Your camera must be awesome. I'll miss Circuit City too. Happy Blue Monday!
Sweetie

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Blue Monday Robyn!

Looks like you got some great deals!

Susan

Tamara Jansen said...

you're going to have fun with that new camera :)

Anonymous said...

Love those sneakers and I can't wait to see the great pictures you take with your new camera! I would love to get a better one for taking pictures for the blog but just can't get the check book to give me the ok!!

blessings
mary

Anonymous said...

Thank you, sweet friend. I've entered your name in my giveaway.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :0

Bridget said...

I'm getting caught up on Blue Monday late on Tuesday. lol Congratulations on the new camera. I hope we will be seeing some great photos posted!

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

sorry I am making you judge your dance...I am sure it is lovely. thanks for supporting my blog. smiles

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

sorry I am making you judge your dance...I am sure it is lovely. thanks for supporting my blog. smiles

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Mornin' Robyn...

My friend, I must apologize at being so late to get over for a visit! I'm so glad that you stopped by a couple of days ago and thank you for all of your sweet comments!!!

I love your new shoes!!! They do look fun...love all the bright colors and I bet they look great with your scrubs!!!

Girl, you got a deal at Circut City...too bad that they're going out of business! I'm just so very happy for you that you got the camera that you've been "eyeing"!!! Yeeeeehawwww!!! That's awesome!!!

Have a great day, Sweetie!
Chari