Friday, May 15, 2009

Foodie Friday - TrainwreckS

I know what you're thinking...
How can this simple box 
of Brownie Mix
(not just any brownie mix
but Duncan Hines - the best you can get)
become a trainwreck?
Well....I can explain.....

You know that my back is quite sore,
and I really needed, I mean needed 
C-H--o-c-o-L-a-T-E!
So, I know that Aleve is not mind-altering,
at least I hope not, (or I should not be 
held responsible for any task that
I  may have completed at all this past week)
Well, maybe if I took about 15 
of them in one day... they me be 
mind-altering.
I attempted to make brownies.
I wanted the chewy ones,
I added the eggs, the oil, then I added
1-1/4 cup of water.  What a doofus!
It was brownie soup!
I thought I could salvage it by adding 
more dry ingredients, flour and cocoa powder.
Then I added milk chocolate chips 
for more sweetness.
The batter thickened up nicely.
Right? Not!

Although, this looks delicious,
It is in reality a chocolate-y frosted 
Brick!
Disguised as a brownie!
At least it's chocolate.

Visit 
Our Dear Gollum
@
for 
more trainwrecks.

As a side note, our hygenist Tara 
pulled me aside and gave me a really intense
backrub today and I think she cured me!
I took a total of 3 Aleve today
and I feel like I am back to the land of the living!
THANK YOU TARA!!!!!!

I may even get a decent night's sleep tonight!

Robyn



19 comments:

Joyce said...

Feel better. I have had a few brownie cake mix disasters myself so your post made me smile:)
Joyce

susan said...

So glad your back is better--now DO NOT break a tooth on the brownies! Seriously, I think pain interrupts your thought processes. It can make you tired, crazy, and possibly ill tempereded :)

bj said...

Oh, girl...I've made so many cookies and etc that turned into bricks, i could have made a Cookie House...could you at least LICK them ?? Chocolate is chocolate! lol

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

I hope your back is better soon...not fun! I wanted some brownies yesterday too... but haven't made any..yet! Happy Foodie Friday! Have a great weekend ~ Susan

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

I am sorry you're having back trouble. I've been there. I know just how bad it can be. You are in my prayers.

Interesting brownie post. From soup to bricks! Sounds like my house. Hugs, Terrie

SmilingSally said...

Just reading this made me gain 5 pounds!

It was a blast choosing all of those goodies.

A Hint of Home said...

Looks wonderful, gooey and delicious.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Too funny girl...now I have made bread that you could use as bricks to build a home with does that counts...Have a great weekend my friend..glad your back is better no fun..I have had 2 back surgery's now...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Judi said...

Oh thats too bad it turned out as you'd liked...it does look very yummy. I would have given it a try thats for sure!
Yum
thank you for sharing
and have a great day
Judi

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Robyn, that sounds like something I would do! LOL! Was it edible? If it's chocolate, I would be using a pick ax to eat it if need be! ;-)

XO,

Sheila :-)

Christi @ A Southern Life said...

That is hilarious. I make these brownies all the time for my husband. They are his favorites. I would here about it forever if I did that!

A Hint of Home said...

Oh girl, you are not alone. Been there done that.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

I sure hope the back rub worked! I just hate trying to sleep when my back is hurting - no comfortable position. The brownies sure LOOK delicious. laurie

Missy Wertz said...

Hey, as long as they are on the chewy side, I love chocolate bricks!

Kathy said...

Robyn your bricks look delicious haha. I tried brownies once as usual for me they were a disaster.

I am so happy your back is feeling better thanks to your wonderful friend, back paid is no fun and it's the weekend, happy days, Kathy.

Bridget said...

Sorry about your brownie bricks. I've done a few like that myself. I remember one time that I forgot to put the eggs in and I already had it in the oven so I pulled it out and tried to add the eggs. Ugh!

Kat said...

Sorry to hear about your back, but glad that it sounds like you are on the mend. This reminds me of my first foodie friday trainwreck post - bricks, hockey pucks, whatever, if they have chocolate in them I'll probably try to eat them! Kathy

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

I might not be able toget back for your Saturday post...so...Happy Pink Saturday ~ I hope you have a great weekend ~ Susan

nikkicrumpet said...

I'm glad you're at least feeling a bit better...I hope you continue to improve...because ruined brownies....THAT IS TRAGIC!!!